Organic farming, Experiences
Agriturismo Masseria Gianferrante is a certified organic farm.
Yvonne and Antonio cultivate ancient and traditional varieties - an important heritage of rural biodiversity - without the use of herbicides and pesticides, adopting good practices of regenerative organic farming and a lot of common sense!
If you want, you can experience them together.
It is the flagship of the farm. We produce EVO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Organic, Monovarietal.The excellent quality is the result of the careful and constant care with which we follow each step, from the field to the oil mill, up to bottling. A great help comes from the use of micro-organisms, for here chemistry is banned!Yvonne, a qualified panel tester, can explain to you how to taste the oil and how to recognise its merits and defects.
We ship our oil throughout Italy and it is also highly appreciated abroad.
The Organic Market
All the fresh produce from Yvonne and Antonio's garden and orchard are available for the guests. They are also transformed, according to Salento tradition.
- L’olio extra vergine di oliva - ottenuto dalla raccolta sull’albero e dalla spremitura a freddo - delle varietà Oliarola , Cellina e Picholine
- Le olive da mensa, lasciate in salamoia con essenze della macchia mediterranea
- La passata e i pomodorini secchi. I pomodori sono di varietà locali, tutte coltivati in asciutta, come si faceva un tempo, cioè senza l’apporto di acqua
- I legumi: ceci, piselli, fave e cicerchia
- Confetture di agrumi (arance, limoni, clementine, mandarini) e di frutta varia (fichi, albicocche, pere, mele cotogne, prugne).
Hands on dough
In the 12th-century tower, where people used to shut themselves away to defend themselves, there is now a room for conviviality, where you can learn the art of Salento's culinary tradition and its techniques handed down over the centuries. Making bread with natural yeasts, kneading local grains to produce orecchiette, minchiareddhi and sagne ncannulate.
Antonio's Mattratata It is the mattrabanca, the traditional Salento table where flour was stored and kneaded. Antonio revisited it, creating a 'modern' design object, winning first prize in the 2017 edition of the Medusa Art & Craft exhibition-competition.
Using Mattratata to make bread or pasta is one of the experiences you can have at Masseria Gianferrante.
Per saperne di più, vai sul Blog
Adopt a vegetable garden
It's easy. You can take care of a piece of land and its vegetables, participate in the rhythm of life on the farm. You'll see, the taste of eating what you grow is incomparable.
It is a stage in the 'journey of the senses'.Scopri di più